Saturday, September 7, 2013

Watertown: January 31, 1959

Today we just had a ball! We slept ‘til noon, and then went downtown. Oh, they have the nicest stores here! We ran around the revolving doors and up and down the escalators like a bunch of country hicks. Susan said, “This is better than any playground,” and we nearly died laughing. I found some darling shoes, but when I went to get them, they were gone. I was so mad. We rode around and saw the whole town, too. Then we went to the show. We sat in the top row of the balcony, because Sue and I had never seen a show balcony before. So there we sat among the neckers. The show was real sad, and Carol and I were quietly crying, when Susan started sobbing real loud. It was so funny, we started laughing and crying at the same time. Everybody looked at us and we felt like fools. It was just a ball. Then we came home and had a whole bunch of pizza. I just love it. Then we went to bed – but talked for hours. In fact, it’s almost four now, and we’re still not done.

No comments:

Post a Comment