Tuesday, June 25, 2013

January 2, 1959

Carol and I slept over at Susan’s again last night – and of course she told us more stories this time about Alexander the dish and McGillicuty the coleopterist. Then today we went to the show (Bell, Book and Candle) and then went up to Ruth’s to help her clean up after last night. Tonight we went to the game (we beat Aberdeen) and then to the dance. The first part of the dance, Daniel and I really had fun. I’m beginning to think he might be kinda jealous. When I started talking to another boy, he grabs me away, and last night when Jim asked me to dance, he made a face and shook his fist at Jim’s back. There’s lots more, too. Then we went and got some pop and sat down – and something happened. All the life suddenly drained out of him and he hardly said a word to me the rest of the night. I tried to tease him out of it, but he wouldn't pay any attention. Then all of a sudden he asked me, “How are we going to break up?” I said, “I don’t know. I haven’t thought about it.” I couldn't ask him what he meant by it tonight, but I will tomorrow. He kissed me a bunch of times, but I don’t think he was completely sincere. It’s getting to be mostly habit, I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment