Tuesday, June 25, 2013

January 3, 1959

This morning I saw Carol off on the bus. I nearly cried, and just when she even climbed into the bus I already missed her terribly. She’s really a wonderful girl. I wish I could be more like her. I just sat around for the rest of the day – didn't even hardly do any homework – and I have so much. I’m getting to be a terrible procrastinator. Daniel called just before noon, but we didn't talk about anything special. I can just feel us drifting farther and farther apart. I thought it all out this afternoon and finally decided it would just be better if we quit going steady before we completely destroy what feelings we have left for each other. And I wanted to talk to him about it today, but he never did call again – and on Saturday, too. Then I started playing all our memory records and remembering what wonderful times we've had. Then I started crying and now I can’t stand to think of breaking up. And it’s really honestly painful. Every other word I think is “Daniel, darling.” I better quit now before I start crying again.

No comments:

Post a Comment