Wednesday, June 26, 2013

January 6, 1959

Didn't do anything today either – except decide I hate school more than ever! It’s so unutterably boring – and hard. I was supposed to give my formal speech today and had my heels along in a sack. The guys hid them in the algebra room, and when I got down to speech, they told me where they were. So I went running back up to get them. Then the bell rang, and everything was real quick. I saw Daniel down at the end of the hall – he had just gotten them for me. So I yelled at him to wait, and he yelled at me to hurry up. So there we were running down the hall yelling at each other. The halls were empty and it just echoed all over. We came running into the speech room and everyone sat and laughed at us. I was really embarrassed. Then to top it all off, I don’t have to give my speech ‘til tomorrow, so I’ll have to do it all over!

Daniel called me tonight after school, but I wasn't home yet. Probably just to say good-bye. The Juniors are going to Revillo to play tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment